Methods I Use to Study
- Literal Method
- The words communicate their natural meanings
- Compare verse with verse to get the meaning of a passage
- Let the Bible interpret itself
- Consider these things:
- Who wrote the passage
- When was the passage written
- Why was the passage written
- To whom was the passage written
- Dispensational Method
- Rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Read the Bible and know that it means exactly what it says.
- Compare verse with verse in order to understand it.
- Rightly divide, that is, to recognize the things in scripture that God has done in
different times and places and always remember the distinctions of the prophetic program
(God's dealings with the nation of Israel) and the Mystery program (God's dealings with
the Body of Christ).