Introductory Information on the Sufferings of This Present Time and the Sufferings of Christ in Our Mortal Bodies
- Key verse: 2 Cor 1:8--"For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble..."
- The chronological placement of the 5th Essential Pauline Doctrine:
1st Essential Pauline Doctrine--Pauline Authority for Godly Edification
Gentiles find God's salvation via Paul's Gospel of the Grace of God during this Dispensation of the Grace of God--Acts 20:24; 1 Cor 15:3-4; Eph 3:1-10; et.al.
2nd Essential Pauline Doctrine--Israel and the Mystery, the Body of Christ
Paul teaches us that we are NOT Israel, but a new creation called the church which is Christ's body..the One New Man..the One Body of Christ--Rom 11:25; 12:5; Eph 1:19-23; 2:12-16 et.al.
3rd Essential Pauline Doctrine--Godly Sanctification
Paul writes to inform the believer about true godliness, not by the Law, but through sanctification of the Holy Spirit....walk who we are IN Christ.....education, edification, effective ministry--Rom 6-8; et.al.
4th Essential Pauline Doctrine--Spiritual Gifts for spiritual maturity IN CHRIST
God, by the spiritual gift program beginning with Paul, brought forth the full knowledge of the Mystery of Christ whereby believers can mature in faith and life, experiencing the life of Christ under grace. Only Paul's 13 epistles contain this information with spiritual gifts no longer necessary for maturity or our walk--2 Tim 2:15, 21; 3:16-17; et.al.
5th Essential Pauline Doctrine--Sufferings of Christ in our mortal bodies
As we follow Paul as he followed the Lord according to this new revelation, Satan opposes via the bondage of corruption of this present world. In listening to Paul we understand, appreciate, and maintain a good, godly attitude towards sufferings whereby God is presently glorified, much to the ire and opposition of Satan--Eph 6:10-20; et.al.
6th Essential Pauline Doctrine--Death, the Rapture, and the Lord's Day
Sufferings are the norm until the believer either dies or the Lord catches us away at the Rapture, thus saving us from the prophetic wrath to come--1 Thess 1:10; 4:13-18; 5:1-11; 2 Thess 2; et.al.
- Three categories of suffering defined in this Dispensation of Gentile Grace.
- Sufferings of this present time--Rom 8:18...common to all mankind, all believers
- The sufferings of Christ in our mortal bodies--2 Cor 1:3...suffering brought about in faithful ambassadorship; not all believer experience this category of suffering.
- Sufferings caused by wrong decisions--Rom 6:19...simply put, though saved for all eternity and join securely to Christ, believer still make bad decisions in the many areas of their lives.
In all these, God can now be glorified if we follow Paul as he followed the Lord wherein he:
- UNDERSTOOD the truth how sufferings are a GIFT--Phil 1:29-30
- APPRECIATED how sufferings work to now glorify GOD--2 Cor 4:7-18; 12:7-10; Phil 1:20-24; 3:10
- MAINTAINED a good, godly spiritual attitude while enduring the sufferings--Eph 3:13; 2 Tim 2:8-10
- Two words that represent the differences on how to view suffering:
- ENDURE.....for the One Body of Christ; no escaping, no shortening of all catagories of sufferings.
- ESCAPE......for the Nation of Israel in prophecy.
- AVOID SUFFERING---not taste it, completely miss it. Be under the commanded blessing of God whereby they do not suffer like the rest of the world suffers. To be the head and not the tail.
- SHORTEN THE DURATION---IF and when Israel begins to suffering the three categories of suffering, God gave them a way to repent, recover, and restore themselves to the BLESSING He could and would COMMAND, if Israel obeyed the terms of their covenant, both the old and new.
Back to www.bereanworkman.com Bible Studies Audio